The Culture of Transformation
How can cultural events strengthen structural change?
On June 10th 2022 we take you and active citizens from Zeitz (currently the main venue of the NEB in Saxony-Anhalt) on a journey to the World Heritage Bauhaus in Dessau and Ferropolis, the City of Iron in a former lignite area. At the Bauhaus we will discuss the New European Bauhaus initiative in Saxony-Anhalt and how it can contribute to the transformation of Zeitz, a town in a rural area which has undergone major economic and social changes after the the wall came down and is facing new challenges due to the planned coal phase out. At Ferropolis the municipalities of Zeitz, Weißwasser and Gräfenhainichen will meet. All these communities are affected by lignite phase-out, but trust in the power of cultural identity. These encounters will enable experiences on the path to a changed cultural identity between industrial heritage and a post-fossil fuel future to be shared.
More information …
Schedule June 10th:
- 8.00 a.m.: Departure from Zeitz town hall
- 10.00 a.m.: Arrival at Bauhaus Dessau and welcome by Barbara Steiner, Director of the Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau
- 10.45 to 11.15 a.m.: Live Stream from the Bauhaus building! The Bauhaus Culture – todays perspective
- 12.15 to 12.45 a.m.: Live Stream from Anhalt University of Applied Sciences! The ZEKIWA-Area – Zeitz
- 2.15 to 3.00 p.m.: Live Stream from the Bauhaus Museum Dessau! Materials of the Future
- 4.30 p.m.: Arrival at Ferropolis – City of Iron (former lignite site)
- 6.15 to 7.00 p.m.: Live Stream from Fairopolis (sustainable festival site)!
- Talk former and current mayor of Gräfenhainichen, Mr. Rußbült and Mr. Schilling, and mayor of Weißwasser Mr. Poetzsch
- Impulse Marko Hegner, Goodlive: How to create a sustainable festival as a part of regional transformation?
- Impulse Martin Salchow, feel festival: The Importance of the Location
- 7 p.m.: End